Merit bursaries for visual arts students
The SHMF has established merit bursaries for visual arts students at Mount Allison University, University of Moncton and the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design. Annually, each institution selects a deserving second or third year student in a visual arts program to receive a $2000 bursary in recognition of their accomplishments within the program of studies.
Initially a pilot project in 2013, this bursary program has evolved into an annual opportunity at three important centres of artistic excellence in New Brunswick. Sheila Hugh Mackay Foundation salutes the teaching staff and administration of these schools for their ongoing mentorship of students.
Students are advised to consult faculty advisors for full details.
SHMF is grateful to its sponsors whose generosity has allowed for the funding increases in scholarship programs.
Cumulative List of Bursary Recipients:
- 2017 Kathryn Cronin, New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
- 2017 Monique Silver, Mount Allison University
- 2016 Suzanne Cormier, University of Moncton
- 2016 Ralph Simson, New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
- 2015 Chloé Gagnon, University of Moncton
- 2015 Jennifer McInnis-Wharton, New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
- 2014 Emilie Lavoie, University of Moncton
- 2014 Savannah Harris, Mount Allison University
- 2014 Kevin Melanson, Mount Allison University
- 2013 Marie-France Robichaud, University of Moncton