The Sheila Mackay Advanced Studies Scholarship is available annually to New Brunswick residents entering a recognized graduate or doctoral program in either studio based work or in academic studies in Art History, Art Education or Art Gallery and Museum Studies. A maximum of $5000 is awarded on the recommendation of an independent jury of art professionals.
The Sheila Hugh Mackay Advanced Studies Scholarship was established by the Foundation’s Board of Directors after Ms. Mackay’s death to honour her life-time commitment to the encouragement of excellence in the visual arts.
Cumulative List of Sheila Mackay Advanced Studies Recipients:
- Elise Anne Laplante – Masters in Curatorial Studies UQAM
- Julie Caissie – Master of Fine Art University of Ottawa
- Jessica Arseneau of St. Laurent – Masters of Museum Studies, Université du Québec
- Elizabeth Grant – Masters of Arts in Art Business, Sotheby’s Institute of Art, New York
- Jessica Arseneau of Tilly Road – Academy of Visual Arts, Leipzig, Germany
- Patrick Allaby – University of Waterloo
- Emilie Lavoie – Emily Carr Institute
- Samantha Noseworthy – University of Toronto
- Kristen Atkins – Mount Allison University
- Jared Peters – Western University
- Barbara Safran de Niverville – Lesley College, University of Boston
- Greg Klassen – Emily Carr Institute
- Whitefeather Hunter – Chicago Institute