Each year, the Sheila Hugh Mackay Foundation provides one grant cycle to assist organizations in the promotion and development of visual arts within the province of New Brunswick. The Board of Directors invites concept letters outlining a proposal for funding of up to $10,000. Concept letters should not exceed two pages and should outline the mission of the applicant’s organization and an overview of the proposed project for which funding is sought.
The receipt of all concept letters will be acknowledged; however, only those selected by a committee of the Board of Directors will be invited to submit a full proposal. Full proposals will then be evaluated on a competitive basis and funding will be announced. The Sheila Hugh Mackay Foundation reserves the right to request alterations or adaptations to all requests.
The Sheila Hugh Mackay Foundation will require a mid-term progress report as well as a completion report for all projects funded under this program. The Sheila Hugh Mackay retains the right to publish or advertise the results of all special projects funded through this initiative. The support of the Sheila Hugh Mackay Foundation must be acknowledged publicly.
- Preference will be given to projects that:
- present measurable goals and outcomes
- respond to a clearly articulated need within a New Brunswick visual arts community
- have partnership potential
- provide a project leader or director
- present clear timeframes and implementation strategies
- target a specific need within a community
- identify evaluation criteria
- will have a lasting impact on the cultural climate of New Brunswick
- 2011 Project Proposals Deadlines:
- Initial concept letter should be postmarked by January 31, 2011.
- Invitations to submit full proposals will be issued by February 15, 2011.
- Full Proposals must be postmarked by March 15, 2011.
- Funding grants will be announced on or before April 1, 2011.
- Projects must be completed within a year of the funding at a mutually arranged date.